With Labor Day right around the corner, you may want to start planning what you will do to make the most of the holiday weekend. This holiday and September, in general, represent the end of summer. If you want to have the most fun while you celebrate, then you should know some of the fun events going on in Denver.
If you are a foodie or are simply looking for some good food, there are a few options to choose from:
- A Taste of Colorado: Here you can experience everything from fair food to fine dining, along with an impressive ethnic food selection. This event will go from Friday through Monday on Labor Day weekend at Civic Center Park.
- Denver Food & Wine Festival: Running from September 5th through 10th at the Pepsi Center, this event will have a great selection of food, wines and seminars. You can enjoy a meal under the stars and even see a movie.
- Festival Italiano: If you love Italian food, then this festival on September 9th and 10th is perfect for you. There will be live music, cooked food and an artisan market for you to enjoy.
Art and Music
For those who are looking for something a little more artistic to enjoy in the month of September, there are a few other options to choose from.
- Biennial of the Americas: This is a week long event that happens every two years in Denver. You can enjoy street art, museum exhibit, and so much more as this event brings artists from North and South America.
- Calder Monumental: If you have not yet been to the Calder exhibit at the Denver Botanical Gardens, now is the time because the event leaves the gardens on September 24th. The bold designs of the sculptures are beautiful alone, and even more spectacular when viewed with the botanical gardens.
- Ja Rule and Ashanti: If you are fans of their music, then you may want to go to their concert on September 1st at Ogden Theatre.
- Phish: This band will be performing for three nights in a row at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park for Labor Day weekend.
There are also many events you can enjoy with the entire family on Labor Day weekend and all September long.
- Colorado State Fair: Running from August 25th to September 4th, the whole family can enjoy rides, shows and so many different attractions. You can visit the website for the fair to see the full list of events as well as view a map of the fairgrounds to ensure you don’t miss anything.
- Dinos! Live: If you or your children enjoy dinosaurs, then you should head to the Denver Zoo before October 31st when the exhibit leaves. There are 19 animatronic dinosaurs, activities to enjoy and plenty to learn about dinosaurs.
These are just a few of the many wonderful events you can enjoy when trying to find the best way to enjoy your September in Denver. At Trailhead Dental, we hope you have a fantastic Labor Day weekend! Make sure to schedule your dental appointment after your fun-filled weekend.