Dr. Bryan Limmer obtained his doctoral degree in dental medicine from Harvard University in 2009. He then continued his dental education at the University of North Carolina by completing a 3-year residency in prosthodontics, earning both a specialist certificate and master’s degree in 2012. Following residency, Dr. Limmer completed an additional 1-year fellowship in implant surgery and bone grafting at the University of North Carolina.
Prior to dental school, Dr. Limmer obtained a bachelor of science degree in biochemistry and worked as a materials chemist at 3M, researching the use of zirconia in optical and dental applications. He continued his research in zirconia at UNC, where he served as principal investigator for a prospective clinical trial of implant supported, full-arch zirconia bridges.
His extensive training in both the surgical and prosthetic aspects of implant therapy, as well as in the treatment of patients with very complex dental problems, gives Dr. Limmer a unique perspective that enables him to provide the highest level of patient care.
In addition to his private practice, Dr. Limmer holds faculty positions at Harvard University, the University of Colorado, and Denver Health. He is a member of the American College of Prosthodontists and the Academy of Osseointegration. Dr. Limmer has lectured and written articles on the planning and implementation of implant therapy, the use of zirconia biomaterials in dentistry, and the cost-effectiveness of dental care.
Outside of dentistry, Dr. Limmer enjoys spending time with his wife, whom he married in Steamboat Springs, and their son. As an avid runner, road-biker, and hiker, and a budding downhill skier, he feels at home in Colorado’s great outdoors. Dr. Limmer grew up in Minnesota, so he is no stranger to the cold or winter but he does much prefer the Colorado sunshine.
- Dual Jaw Treatment of Edentulism Using Implant-Supported Monolithic Zirconia Fixed Prostheses. S. AlTarawneh, B. Limmer, G. Reside, L. Cooper. J Esthet Restor Dent. 2015 Jan 30. doi: 10.1111/jerd.12137. [Epub ahead of print]
- Complications and Patient Centered Outcomes with an Implant Supported Monolithic Zirconia Fixed Dental Prosthesis – 1 year results B. Limmer, A. Sanders, G. Reside, L. Cooper. J Prosthodont. 2014 Jan 6. doi: 10.1111/jopr.12110. [Epub ahead of print]
- The Cost-Effectiveness of Endosseous Oral Implant Therapy for Treating Mandibular Edentulism. L. Cooper, B. Limmer, D. Felton. Proceedings of the First P-I Brånemark Scientific Symposium, Gothenburg 2009
- Edentulous options: Step-by-step SR Phonares NHC. Don Yancey, CDT; Lyndon F. Cooper, DDS, PhD; and Bryan M. Limmer, DMD. Dental Lab Products. April 2011 p30-32
- Rules of Ten – Guidelines for Successful Planning and Treatment of Mandibular Edentulism Using Dental Implants. L. Cooper, W. Gates, B. Limmer. Compendium 2012; 33(5): 328-334